8 November, 2021
At a time when many doors are closing for reasons of epidemiological safety, others are opening. The Supreme Court offers to go on a virtual tour of its historical premises in the Palace of Justice.
The Palace of Justice, where the Supreme Court is currently located, was built for the needs of the Senate of and other judicial institutions and was opened in 1938. The building designed by architect Fridrihs Skujiņš is an outstanding work of Latvian masters – wall cladding, doors, stairs and every detail that has been preserved in the historical building are created in Latvian folk-art tradition. We invite those interested to virtually visit the premises of the Supreme Court.
A visitor will walk the courtrooms, the reading room which is also known as historical office of the chief prosecutor, and will learn some history in the Supreme Court museum. Several informative points are there, which provide an insight into the museum's collections and the facts of the history of the Latvian Senate and the Supreme Court.
During the tour, everyone will be their own guide, because the movement in the premises takes place by clicking on the light circles, as well as by using the roller one can zoom in and out of objects. At the top left corner there is a menu with both room descriptions and shortcuts to premises. Devices with touch screens are also convenient for taking the tour.
See the virtual tour on the Supreme Court’s website, section Information materials.
Visit the virtual tour here.
Information prepared by
Rasma Zvejniece, the Head of the Division of Communication of the Supreme Court
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: +371 67020396, +371 28652211